No, I did not have chili last night for dinner. And, eiw.
The smell I’m referring to is that which emanates from a microwaveable bag of popcorn after it’s been in the microwave under power for too long. It’s not just a burnt smell mind you, but rather an unholy death stench that invades the very innards of the microwave.
Here’s what I don’t get though: I never know it’s burning, until I open the door. Then the biting putrid odor spews out like a disemboweled zombie all over the kitchen once the door is open. And here’s the odd part — every time AFTER that, whenever the microwave is on, it smells like burnt popcorn. Why didn’t it smell that way when it was actually burning?
I really hate that smell.