Nathan tagged me with a “6 Unimportant Things” meme. I have the odd position of sorta liking these type things, while completely understanding why they annoy the crap out of people. So now, I need to come up with 6 things, and then tag 6 people. It’s the latter that I feel bad about doing. But, since I did prank call Nathan once, it seems only fair that I be a good sport. 🙂 So here ya go:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules.
- Write six things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their sites.
- Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
And now my list:
- My right foot is turned out slightly. This mutation give me no super powers, nor does it really hinder me in any way. It’s very unlikely said mutation would qualify me as one of the X-MEN.
- My first car was a 1978 Volkswagen Rabbit Diesel. I paid $250 for it, and would gladly pay 10 times that much for the same vehicle now. I didn’t know what glow plugs were at the time, and I think it would have made the experience much nicer if I had.
- I’m absolutely terrified of bees. It’s one of those fears that you’d think would be funny to tease about, but I’m so scared, it really wouldn’t be fun. It just isn’t fun watching a grown man cry.
- I prefer driving a vehicle with a manual transmission. Maybe it’s a power-trip control issue. Maybe it’s just that I like to keep busy while driving. Whatever the reason, I like ’em better.
- I like hot tea and cold tea. I like hot coffee, but think cold coffee concoctions are horrible abominations
- I wear mismatched socks on every occasion I can. I’ve mentioned this before, but it remains true. I find it very difficult to take life too seriously while wearing one purple sock and one green one.
Now I have to tag people. I’m sorry I have to do this, but I’ll try to tag people that will forgive me. I suspect they won’t all actually participate, but I don’t think they’ll disown me either:
REDACTED. See above post.
Sorry guys & gals. 🙂
6 thoughts on “It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane… Nope, it’s a Meme.”
God’ll get you for that, Walter.
I’ve done what I’m going to do; I hope you’ll enjoy it.
By the way, I’d recommend whatever insurance you can get against torch-wielding mobs and/or supernatural incarnations of wrath circa the 9th century B.C.
I tried to catch you before you responded. Take a look at this morning’s post.
Sorry to ruin your day, but the out turned foot think isn’t really a mutation. I have it with both feet, but more in the right.
What it means most likely is that where your upper and lower legs come together at the knee, yours fused at a slight angle. This probably happened at some point in your childhood when your limbs were still plastic.
It also means that you should be extremely careful of your knees, because this can put extra stress on them with certain types of activity–anything that is going to hold your feet at and angle different from what they want to do naturally, such as skiing, can cause achey knees.
I also don’t run because of this. But that’s okay because I much prefer to walk for exercise than run anyway.
So basically, it probably means you should take extra care with your knees, and that’s generally good advice anyway. 🙂
Sorry, I mean to say that your *joints* were still plastic.
The funny thing is, if I’m not included in a meme tagging, I feel sort of left out… How weird is that?
And If my socks were mismatched, I’d feel off the whole day – it’s not the colors, it’s the texture. 🙂
Jim: I hereby transfer my meme tag from Nathan unto you. (Hey, there was nothing in the rules saying they were non-transferable!)