OK, I hate exercise. I really really do.
I would like some suggestions for exercise that is fun. Something that I might not consider exercise, but rather something fun to do.
No, not that. Sicko.
Here’s a bit about the requirements:
1. I don’t like being outside when it’s cold.
2. It’s always cold here.
3. I have no exercise machinery, nor do I plan to buy any.
4. I enjoy being lazy, but not wasting time. Yes, there is a difference.
5. The first one of you to suggest Richard Simmons videos will get such a pinch.
6. The closest racquetball court is a 40 minute drive, one way.
7. I can’t swim. Well, maybe if being pursued by a shark, but for the most part I don’t swim.
8. I’m the type of person they were targeting with those “electric zapping belt” products from a few years back. If I’d had disposable income at that point, I’d own one.
9. I have pretty severe asthma.
10. I really hate exercising. Really.
16 thoughts on “Exercise That Is Fun”
I was fairly certain that reason #8 was going to refer to disposable pants liners. Oops. Shows where my mind was going.
Is this a repost? https://www.brainofshawn.com/2008/08/11/best-exercise-for-lazy-people/ 🙂
Wow, inadvertently yes. Apparently I’m predictable. 😀
Steelcase makes a desk that has a treadmill on it so that you can walk at a 1-2 mph pace while you work all day.
Since they’re in MI, you could just drive down to Grand Rapids and pick one up.
I keep telling you, but a heavy bag. I have the kind that stands on a water-filled plastic base. Century makes the best ones.
If you want to spend a little more money, there’s the one with a human face and torso. 😀
Get wrist wraps, though, you’ll kill your wrist with bad form if you don’t keep them locked. I’ve been fighting off and on for 25 years and I still use them.
Well, if hiking isn’t in the cards, locate a toddler you can adopt. Every time a baby starts walking in this house, Donald loses 20+ lbs. It must be a guy thing.
Otherwise, mall walking. Because I could totally see you buying a pretzel at Aunt Annie’s every time you hit that part of the food court. 😀
I’ll tell you what I told you before: find somewhere you can walk–school, shopping center, gym–and take turns having your daughters, “Walk Dad” every day.
Whatever happened to doing push-ups before you eat? Are you still doing that.
I miss the truck-cam btw.
I say give up.
I could attempt to suggest yoga a second time, if you like? 😉
Laughter. Full out jiggle the belly laughter.
Nathan just posted a link to the Hawaii Chair. One of those at your computer, at home at at work, might be interesting. 😉
Have your daughters make an obstical course in your house (outside if it’s summer) and have your try it out often. Fun for them and FUN for you.
If you don’t like it , know I was tryin to think of something to fit your criteria
Hmm, yoga, or getting one of those exercise balls and using it as a seat. Also helps with “computer slouch.” Or you could just do Kegels. Nobody will know you’re exercising. 🙂